Friday, August 19, 2011

Vintage Friday... vintage inspired fabric headbands!

Wow! It has been such a loong week! I have had soo many ideas in my head & I am feeling very inspired by the upcoming Fall season, (It can't get here fast enough) crisp Fall mornings, cooler temps, layering... yes please!

Here are a few new things I have been working on.. I really love the turban look, but honestly it is not for everyone so I have had a Rosie the riveter type headband idea for awhile. I actually used a piece left over from a wrap skirt tie to make the first one... then I just could'nt stop making them.



You can wear them to get the Rosie look when tied in the front.. but they also can be tied in the back for a traditional fabric headband look. I used mostly vintage fabrics in this set.



(Rosie the riveter photo)

I started a few new Fall accesories. I love how these headbands turned out. I used some vintage plastic flowers & leaves. There are only a few.. so they are defintly limited edition.



and here is a vintage what I wore pic.Sorry for the somewhat blurry pics. I have to fight against the sun in the mornings at my shop & I am not totally used to my new camera yet.



fancy felt bow headband.. made by me available at my shop $10 ea.
top .. I think Areopostle (believe it or not! Lol!)
skirt..vintage red & white polk a dot that I thrifted a few years ago
sandals.. Salt Water sandals! Love love LOVE them!!

I will be at the Appleton market tomorrow (fingers crossed the rains stays away!) My shop is open til 5:00 today!

Have a great weekend! xoxo!

p.s. craft night info. is up on my website. I will try & blog about it maybe Sunday or Monday!

No comments: