Thursday, January 22, 2015

We went to a chapel & got married....

I have been wanting
to blog about our beautiful wedding
this past summer.
We were married July 27th
at cute park with a little chapel
& hall just north of Milwaukee.
 
My best friend took
all of the photo's shown, she is such
a talented photographer &
captured so many special moments.
 
 
 
Dress: TJMaxx
headband: handmade by me
earrings: handmade by me
 
My husbands James Bond inspired
suit: JcPenney's, Kohls & Tie bar
 


My Mom did my hair which
meant alot to me..she
hasn't helped me with my hair since
I was little. She did a great job!
 
I did my own make-up. I kept
it very simple & natural.
 

 
I will have to show details
in another post but
my husband had really cool
fox cuff links.

  
All of our kids stood up for us.
We had adult witnesses but
We wanted the kids to be a big part of
the day!

 
My friend Laurie (also the photographer)
helped me with the backdrop.
It was her ruffle curtain & I
had made a bunch of white pendant
flags to hang on it.
It was perfect!
 
 
Our reception was
in the hall right next to the chapel.
Which was awesome!
There was a park for the kids to
play.. we had soooo many kids at
our wedding! :)
 
We went with a picnic theme..
so of course red & white gingham
tablecloths, high quality paper plates
& we splurged on the wood silverware.
Which is now kind of a joke.
We spent more on the silverware
then on some of the major details! Lol!
 
We also had red solo cups &
the flowers were from Trader Joe's.
I would highly recommend them.
More on the details soon..
 
We made soooo many of the
decorations that I
will have to have a bog post just about that!

 
My husband made our cake
 from scratch which
was a cheesecake (my fav.)
& I added the strawberries!
 
Our cake toppers were a little
pair of foxes that I had
thrifted a few years ago
shortly after I met him &
they are sitting on a little paper doily.

 
We didn't have a band but I did
bring my record player which
also happened to belong to my late
Grandpop. It was amazing, music
was playing the entire time. We brought
our record collection &
people kept changing them out!
 
It was quite impressive that it never really stopped!
 
It was such a perfect day!
Even with the massive downpour that
happened during the ceremony
& the crack of thunder that
struck right as
in my vows I told my husband
that he was the "calm to my storm"! ♥
 
I will be back with
a part 2 & probably 3  soon!
 
xo!



No comments: