Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy 1 year anniversary to my shop in downtown Appleton!


1 year ago today I opened the doors to my shop in downtown Appleton, nervous
& anxious. I was excited to see what the year would bring! 
It has been an amazing year of personal growth, 
new friendships & customers! 

Here is a fun year in pictures! (I have hundreds but
had to narrow it down)

The shop right after I painted the walls pink &
a 21 foot sign waiting to be hung thanks to my 
AMAZING friends at Art City Signs! 


Pre-paint.. the walls were mustard & the class room had
stripes! That was the most challenging part, was painting over the stripes! 
Oh & removing the drive thru type window that 
my son really wanted to keep! Ha! 


Shortly after I opened in January of 2012. 


I also had the pleasure of working
with my good friends at Off Beat Press! 
We designed my first ever exclusive line
of "Get Crafty" tee's! 
Designed & printed in Oshkosh! 


One of my favorite things about this shop is the 
class room! We have craft nights & a few birthday parties! 
I recently moved things around & now have my 
sewing studio in there as well! 


Speaking of birthday parties! I had a very special customer
book her daughter's birthday party here this last spring! 
Irie told me it was her BEST party ever! 
I had to get a picture of the girls being silly in 
the shop window! ADORABLE! 


We also moved our market booth near the shop & 
set up a little table! It was a great market season for us 
& the shop! I can't wait for market to start again!
I love the busy, bustling mornings with fresh 
vegetables, flowers & live music! 
(We will be moving our booth back to our old Oneida st. 
spot this summer to help promote the shop!)


Downtown Appleton has a lot of great events like
Art on the Town during the summer months! 
I think my favorite was "Chalk on the Town".
My friend Jane stopped by & made our sidewalks cute! 
She stuck to our "get crafty" theme! I was 
so sad when the rain washed it away!


The shop lit up at night which does not happen often becuase of 
our hours! (There is Jane, drawing away!)  :)


I am so thankful for the last year! It was a great year filled with change, 
challenges, new personal goals but most of 
all, how lucky am I that I get to...
make pretty things all day? 


Thank you to all of you who support my business! 
This shop is only 1 year old but 
I have been working hard at this for over 11
years now! 
Who would of thought a stay at home Mom
crafting away, taking care of her daughter would 
be where I am today? 
Certainly not me! 


I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for me!
Thank you for supporting handmade
 & shopping local! 

No comments: