Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Copy Cats SUCK!!!

I was reading a blog I read of a seller that I have worked with. I sell her "LA LA LOVE YOU" posters in my shop! I am feeling the need to stress to you & not you non-copy catters but people who meet me at the market or at a craft show or simply come into my store! IT IS NOT OK to copy my work.. yes get inspirations to come up with your own brilliant idea but not COPY! I sometimes don't sleep at night dreaming up new things to work on and create.. and yes in a designers world things are copied... but I do keep my items even my one of a kind wrap skirts very affordable!(I guarantee you, you would be saving NO money by trying to copy me!)This really just sinks my heart.. especially when I hear people ALL THE TIME say I can make that or you should totally make that for me! This is my LIFE my JOB and my DREAM and how I help contribute to my familys welfare! So if you still feel the need to copy me or someone elses work read this and see it is just not me that feels this way!
SPARKLE POWER


On a happy note.. I am on my way to the shop with lots of new stuff including three new corduroy wrap skirts.. some headbands and some sweet vintage finds! Fall hours kick in next week so I will let you know as soon as I post them! Also Gallery walk is this Saturday 6-9 pm! Stay tuned!

Have a great day!!! :)

3 comments:

ohshootphotography said...

that sucks!!! ppl just don't understand...

Unknown said...

I saw Sparkle Powers post about the situation. I think it is funny that people think they wont get caught or called out on it. Its just sucky all around.

The Bookish Life said...

Oh how crappy about the copycat! I looove the la la love you prints. When I first saw them on etsy I actually gasped because as huge pixies fans, chad and i had talked several times about making a sweet card with the text "la la love you." sparkle power beat us to the punch and did such a great job with the design. Super lame that someone tried to rip her off.