Monday, February 14, 2011

It is time for change...

This is going to be one of the hardest blog posts I have written in awhile. I have been thinking about closing my b&m shop for awhile.. there are many reasons. I assure you the shop is doing well & alot of people don't understand why I would close it when sales are up.. yes January was awful slow but sales have been good.

It is a much more personal reason.. I started dainty daisies as a hobby over 10 years ago.. a way for me to stay busy while being a newly wed & stay at home Mom that had just moved over 2 hrs away from my home town, friends & family. I fell in love with making things.. it has always been a part of my life but didn't really realize how much until I started to make things myself.

I am sooo thankful for my lil' handmade business & to all of my sweet customers.. I really have developed some amazing relationships thru my shop the last 3 years & on the road selling at shows. You guys are so great!

So here are a few of the major reasons why I have decided to close.. the ups & downs of owning a shop.. paperwork... the time & energy that I put into it & don't get back. The interruptions from people coming in to get ideas.. dainty daisies is not the "idea store" and that really offends me.

I also feel like I am at a road block with the shop.. I can only go so far in downtown Oshkosh & I feel like I am at that point. I have sooo many ideas & sooo many things I want to do & running the shop is holding me back.

So with that said I am sooo excited for the change for the unknown!It means the world to me that most of my friends & family support me especially my husband. I miss my kids! I am looking forward to working from home again & being available to them. In that note dainty daisies is NOT going away.. I am filling up my etsy shop.. I am starting a vintage etsy shop (which I am soooo excited about).. I sell at 3 b&m shops, 2 in Madison, 1 in Baraboo, I will be at the Appleton farmers market this summer & I already am thinking about the Handmade for the Holidays show this Fall.

My friend Laurie of Laurie Marie Photography has rented the space and I am excited to see what she does with it. I know she is planning on participating in gallery walks & we have talked about scheduling trunk shows for me to come in to her studio and sell at as well as other artists (so stay tuned).. how fun would that be!

I feel like it is time for change & to remove the stress & negativity that I have had towards some things in the downtown. I will have the shop open til' mid March so stay tuned for the exact closing date.. as things sell down I will cut hours back. Laurie will be taking over the space April 1st.

Again thank you all for your support & I hope you will continue to follow me & support me thru my newest journey! I am sad but sooo happy at the same time!

If you have any questions feel free to email me daintydasies01@hotmail.com

p.s. I will be collecting emails if you would like to receive reg. updates let me know! I am also working hard to make my online shops amazing!! I will also keep up my website & this lil' blog with all my current happenings.

xo!

p.s. I didn't realize this til the other day but Valentine's day has always been a symbol of change for me & my business. I feel like this is the right things to do.. change is always good!

Happy valentine's day! xo!

5 comments:

ohshootphotography said...

I wish you all the best!! You have to do what is best for you and your kids...and to know that new and exciting things are in the future...is never a bad thing. I have enjoys stopping in to chat on and off...and will plan on staying updated via your blog and etsy!! Good luck!!

Naomi said...

I am so excited for you! I think this is going to be a good choice and I think you can do anything you put your heart and mind into and am selfishly excited for all our joint ideas too ; )
xxoo

Naomi said...

I am so excited and happy for you! I think that with you passion and determination everything you do can be amazing..

Unknown said...

Congratulations !!! Your decision I am sure was tough but you obviously know you have bigger and better things to accomplish with your kids, home and passions - love for vintage did I see :)
I highly respect and admire taking time for family and following your dreams, or laying new paths or just doing what makes you feel alive, change is good... it keeps us alive and on our toes. I hope you enjoy every day even more than the last and CONGRATS on your new ventures (and home life!).

Vicki said...

Wow! First of all, I am so happy that you are heading in a direction that brings you joy. Secondly, I'm excited that I'll still get to see you and your fabulous handmade goodies at the Appleton farmer's market. Best of luck in your new adventures! (PS I'm not going to lie--I loved your store and will miss it a lot!)