Saturday, April 23, 2011

d.i.y. vintage scarf turban

Happy Easter weekend everyone!! I thought it would be fun to share a little diy with you.

My friend Jenny stopped by my shop one day before I closed & had a scarf in her hair like this. I thought it was such a cute idea. I guess turbans are very "in" right now.. but honestly I don't like most of them!

..but I love this look. Simple yet so cute & vintage looking. I took an extra long hair scarf, tied it in a knot & tucked in the ends.



There is really no right or wrongs... you could even loosen up the scarf a bit & wear it with a wider band.



I am trying to grow my hair out.. so it is a great way to keep my unruly hair under control!!



I am excited to look for more vintage scarves. I think this look will be a big part of my summer wardrobe.



Enjoy!
Have a very Happy Easter!! xoxo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I do like that look much more than some of the fuller turban looks that I've seen! I'll have to try this out! Thanks!

PersimonDreams said...

any tips on keeping your hair scarf to stay in!? I love the looks of them but they never stay in place when I wear them...

thrifty-fox said...

Thanks Vanessa! :) Kim~ I am not sure. I have super thick hair so I don't have that problem. You could try pinning it with a few bobbies.. ;)